Pages

January 23, 2015

Parent: 10-year-old son was ordered to partially strip down for search in front of class

An Auburn woman was in tears Wednesday as she described how her son’s teacher had him strip down in front of his classmates.
Gina Gonzalez said her 10-year-old son, Santiago Nolasco, was stripped of his shoes, sweater and shirt after being accused of taking papers off his teacher’s desk.
“He said to his teacher, ‘you are not my Mom, you can’t do this,’” Gonzalez said. “I don’t want this to happen to my son or anyone else’s child.”
The incident allegedly occurred last week at Rock Creek Elementary.
Nolasco said he had a substitute teacher who accused him of taking homework passes off her desk.
“I was looking at the passes,” he said. “When my real teacher came back she asked why did I steal the homework passes. She didn’t believe me when I said I didn’t.”
That is when the teacher, identified by Gonzalez as Claudia Wilson, allegedly removed Nolasco’s clothing.
“I was nervous and embarrassed,” Nolasco said. “Some of the kids were laughing.”
Gonzalez said her son returned to school after the incident, however, he is attending a different class.
Gonzalez met with Laura Grassman, superintendent of the Auburn Union School District on Wednesday in the hopes of getting some answers.
“I am not satisfied; I am not happy,” Gonzalez said following the meeting. “They are not giving me more information about what happened. I have my son’s statement, but nothing from the school.”

1 comment:

  1. freewheelinfranklin543January 23, 2015 at 9:56 AM

    I had a teacher who threw a knife at me for talking in class and hit me with it. My Step Dad went to school and accosted the little twerp and told him if you touch my boy or speak harshly to him I will beat your ass. The teacher told my Dad;'My Dad works for the police and I will have you arrested." My Dad said;"My Dad is the Attorney for that police department and like I said I'll beat your ass if you even talk harshly to my son."
    The rest of the year was a breeze!

    ReplyDelete