Pages

January 25, 2015

4-year old calls 911, saves pregnant mother and becomes a big sister.

A 4-year-old stepped up to call 9-1-1 while her mother--who was 9 months pregnant--was in the midst of a seizure.

Newschannel 3 caught up with the Kalamazoo family on Friday to find out how everyone is doing--including the newest addition to the family--and how their little hero is adjusting to being a big sister.

"I got up and that's all I can remember," said mother Centerria Manning. "I woke up and my daughter Calise, was standing over me and she was on the phone with 9-1-1."

"Somehow, she fell, and I went to go see what happened," Calise said.

In a nearly 7 1/2 minute call with 9-1-1, little Calise alerts dispatchers that her mom is having a seizure, and gives them the address to her home in Kalamazoo.

"I was so proud of her, because we practice and I tech her because I am epileptic...I teach her the address and my full name and things like that, and how to dial 9-1-1," Centerria said.

Centerria Manning says they started practicing the whole situation when Calise was just two years old, and on Wednesday, she was put to the test.

Centerria's fiance was at work, and when she began seizing, Calise knew exactly what to do.

"She was like, 'I told you I was gonna take care of you if something happened,'" Centerria said.

"It was really good to ride in the ambulance with mom, and she was really proud of me," Calise said.
Centerria was taken to Borgess Medical Center where she gave birth to perhaps the biggest bonus of all, little T.J. Manning, who arrived early Friday morning, healthy and weighing in at 7 pounds, 7 ounces.

1 comment:

  1. Im surprised the cops didnt show up and shoot her.

    ReplyDelete