February 20, 2013

Brothers Blow Up House Celebrating Lottery Win In Kansas

Two Kansas brothers were lucky -- then, not so lucky -- and then fortunate again, after they both survived an explosion that destroyed their house.

Two brothers who were celebrating a $75,000 winning lottery ticket by purchasing marijuana and meth accidentally blew up their house, said Sgt. Bruce Watts of the Wichita Police Department.

The explosion sent one of the brothers – a 27-year-old – to the hospital, where he remains in serious but stable condition with second-degree burns on his hands, arms and chest.
The other brother was sent to jail, Watts said.
The brothers were in a house in the 100 block of North Nevada Court, near Douglas and West Street, Watts said. One of the brothers went to the kitchen to refuel the butane torches they planned to use to light their bongs. He emptied a couple of large cans of butane lighter fluid, leaking butane into the air.
“The butane vapor reached the pilot light in the furnace, and as you might expect, ka-boom,” Watts said.
The victim was wearing a lottery T-shirt during the explosion.
The victim’s girlfriend loaded him and some children into a car and took him to the Via Christi Hospital on St. Francis emergency room, where she dropped him off and left.
Officers went to the house with a warrant, where the other brother ran out, admitting he had marijuana and methamphetamine. He was arrested.

1 comment:

  1. Good God, let's hope that these two chuckleheads never reproduce. Let's also find their parents and forcibly sterilize them.